Re: UMAX 1200S SCSI CARD

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Mon, 05 Jan 1998 18:23:32 -0500

Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE writes:
>I am using a NCR53C810 and a NCR/SymbiosLogic 53C860 and
>while I am scanning (using the bsd-driver) I am not able
>to access the disks for a while!

Hmmmmm. Well, maybe I was wrong about the 53c810, but I'm pretty
sure that I'm right about the BusLogic. I'm currently running
the scanner off a 810, but it doesn't currently have drives
attached. The BusLogic I know had drives attached, and I am
pretty sure that I could access them at the same time.

But without testing it again (would be difficult, since my current
BusLogic is a 958...) I can't say for sure.

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz