Re: !Solved! Umax Astra 1200S problems!

Olof & Karin (olofsane@frozenriver.ale.se)
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 03:20:38 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Caldera OpenLinux User wrote:

> Hi!
>
> First of all I must thank all developers of SANE for a lovely scanner
> interface. I have with success used it together with a HP 4c, but since
> that scanner only was a loan from my job I bought a Umax Astra 1200S.
> Here is the exact specification of my equipment: Umax Astra 1200S Rev V1.3
> and a "AdvanSys SCSI 2.0: ISA PnP 16 CDB: BIOS C800" SCSI card. I'm using
> Gimp v0.99.15 and GTK 971025 with Linux 2.0.30, and SANE 0.67 with Umax
> diff.

Hi!

It seems that there is a bug in either the Sane SCSI driver or Linux
AdvanSys SCSI driver. I got a mail form Peter Daum indicating that is
Astra 1200S worked fine with a NCR 810 SCSI card, so I did some digging in
my pockets and found a old 810 card. Now every thing is working fine!!

Yours Olof S Kylander