Re: Help: Mustek 600 II N scanner

Andreas Czechanowski (m075@ins.uni-stuttgart.de)
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:55:34 +0100 (MET)

Hi Johan !

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Johan Bengtsson wrote:

> I have a Mustek 600 II N scanner that I'm trying to use with Linux.
>
> 1) Is it possible to use this scanner with SANE and Linux in general?

Yes, it is ! I have a working version of SANE-0.63 which works fine
for grayscale and color modes at 51 to 300 dpi.

I have the same scanner model, with a firmware version of 2.0.
The AB306N card is a *kind of* parallel interface that uses no
buffering on the data lines, and supplies the power for the
600 II N from the computer.

Unfortunately, the implementation of my working backend into the
general mustek backend (done in 0.67) does not work. I'll fix this
as I have the time.

If you are curious enough, I can send you the patch for sane-0.63.

Regards,

Andreas.

PS: I am interested in the Firmware revision YOU have ! To find it out,
use SANE which reports the scanner ID or (if you dare, be careful
with electrostatic discharge !) turn the scanner upside-down, remove
some screws, carefully lift the interface board and take a look at
the label on the EPROM.