Re: Help: Mustek 600 II N scanner

Johan Bengtsson (johanb@lls.se)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:17:07 +0000

On 9 Nov 97 at 12:03, becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> > The ab306 is the parallel port interface for the 600 II N.
>
> Interesting ... Why the heck are they supplying a parallel port with their
> scanner ? Are they afraid you might not have one ? Or does the scanner
> hog the port and you can't print anymore ?

The scanner has a 26 pin connector (looks like a VGA connector, but a
bit wider) which fits the supplied card, but it can't be plugged into
the paralell port. The card is very small, and only takes up half the
ISA slot (8 bit card?). I'm almost 100% sure it's not a scsi card,
because it's not detected on bootup (I've included scsi support in
kernel) and I found a usenet posting that said that it wasn't a scsi
card but some proprietary design. So i guess I can forget about using
this scanner with Linux ,or...?

Regards
Johan B.