gamma-bind infinite loops in 0.67

Matto Marjanovic (maddog@mir.com)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:55:14 -0500

It's a good thing I held on to this e-mail... (attached at end)

I'm having a similar problem with the Microtek backend now, and
will probably come up with a similar patch today/tomorrow.
(The problem is related to insistent setting of the gamma-bind
option.)

But in the meantime, has anyone gone and figured out what changed
in xscanimage to break the original, non-infinite-loop behavior?

-Matt M.

From: Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:31:25 +0100 (MET)
Sender: owner-sane-devel@mostang.com

Hello David, hello UMAX-owners,

the umax-backend hangs in sane-0.67, but here is a patch
that corrects it!

There has changed something in the way the options between
xscanimage (and may be scanimage too) and the umax-backend
were handled and so we got into an endless loop.
At the end of the mail there is a fix for it!

just kill everything until ------------------, save the file
as umax-patch, move it to sane-0.67/backend and then do
cd sane-0.67/backend
patch umax.c <umax-patch

I also had problems to compile the umax-backend because
usleep and strdup were not found any more.
Simple trick at first: use old sane-0.66/backend/Makefile
if you have it!

Bye
Oliver