Re: (fwd) Plustek Driver Development: I have some source! (fwd)

C. Wall (vergil@media-net.net)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:19:21 -0500

Adam,

Although I appreciate your continued efforts, I wish to make it clear
that I have already posted to the SANE list, and David has already put
me on the project list for the development of the SANE backend for the
Plustek driver. Despite what I am sure are you best intentions,
continuing to try and coordinate a project (which you youself posted to
several people) that you have no time for is not only counterproductive,
it is frustrating.

I have been under the assumption that you do not have the time to work
on this project and have dedicated my time to working through the
current source and learning the internals of the SANE interface to
create the prototype of the backend. Any help would be appreciated of
course, but what you have done is in effect, pulled and "end run" around
me which defeats the whole purpose of the project.

I would appreciate if you:
1) Attempt to coordinate with me before asking for help with the driver
of other people.
2) Notify me of any progress you have with the driver to date.
3) Cease filling my inbox with irrelevant messages.

At this time, it is my understanding that Plustek has deemed that I am
"in charge" of the linux driver for their scanner. This project will
certianly go a lot smoother if we work together instead of these petty
little ego wars.

I am sorry if this has offended, or seemed abrupt. However, it strikes
me as rude that despite my best efforts and good faith (even going so
far as to ask you if you wanted to take the project) you continue to
pull these stunts.