Re: Incompatible gtk versions (Re: umax-backend)

Peter Daum (gator@cs.tu-berlin.de)
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 14:50:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> The new gtk libs do work fine with the Mustek and quickcam backend at
> least. Have you tried the patches that are at ftp.gimp.org? There is
> a bunch of patches and some sound like they might fix the problem
> triggered by the umax backend. If you try them out, please let me know
> how it goes.

Hi,

did you have any particurlar patch in mind? I'll certainly would
be glad to try it. I had looked through the corresponding READMEs
that come with those patches and couldn't see anything promising.
As far as I can tell, most of them try to make gtk look better or
add features ...

Something different: It would be helpful, if it was possible to
specify the location of certain libraries and headerfiles (as it
obviously used to be in earlier versions). Right now it is
somwhat tricky to to tell the "configure" script about any
nonstandard locations.

Regards,
Peter