Re: dlh?

Mark Cornick (msc@zorak.gsfc.nasa.gov)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:39:46 -0400

On Wed, Oct 15, 1997 at 12:04:19PM -0700, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> and should compile and install cleanly and easily on any recent Linux
> box (and many other Linux platforms).

this it did - thanks...

> Caveat: just after uploading sane-0.66, I discovered an error in the
> specs file. A revised version is appended below. Could you try
> building an RPM with this new file and let me know how it goes?

The RPMs built OK (this is on a Red Hat 4.2 box:)

root@zutroy.gsfc.nasa.gov% ls
./ sane-0.66-1.i386.rpm
../ sane-devel-0.66-1.i386.rpm

but:

root@zutroy.gsfc.nasa.gov% rpm -ivh sane-*
failed dependencies:
libsane.so.0 is needed by sane-0.66-1

Maybe should add libsane.so.0 to that "Provides: libsane.so" line in
the spec file? Or does that break the rules?

> Also, I'd be glad to install binary releases of SANE on my ftp site.
> If you build a new binary release, just mail me the relevant file(s)
> in an appropriate encoding (uuencode or base-64) and I'll install it.

Sure, when I come up with one that works. :)

--mark

--
Mark Cornick
LTPCF Workstation Support, Code 922