Re: xscanimage problem

Ricardo Muggli (ricardo@calvin.net)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 16:03:34 -0500 (CDT)

It looks like xscanimage was built without the gimp support. What I had to
do was to edit the libgimp/gimp.h file.
I changed the line in libgimp/gimp.h that said:
#include <glib/glib.h>
to:
#include <glib.h>

On my system libgimp/gimp.h is located in /usr/local/inlcude/ .
After changing that go back to the sane source tree and do a
make distclean
./configure
make
make install

I'm not sure what the "real and correct" way is to fix this problem but
this worked for me. If someone is reading this who knows how to fix it
could you please do it? I had basically forgotten about this little
problem becase I didn't have to change it after upgrading to the newer
sanes.

The message that I pulled this fix out of was originally from Fritz Jetzek
<6jetzek@informatik.uni-hamburg.de>

hope this helps,

- ricardo@calvin.net