Re: flatbed scanner, postscript printer

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 08:52:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Laszlo Vecsey wrote:

> I was just curious if anyone has a flatbed scanner configured to do
> photocopies to a printer by default, perhaps remapping a button on the

I do.

tamarack -dpi 300 -width 8.18 -height 11.6 -dev /dev/sgb -o $tmpfile1
pnminvert $tmpfile1 > $tmpfile2
pbmmake -white 2482 3511 | pnmpaste -replace $tmpfile2 30 30 > $tmpfile3
lpr -s -Ppbm $tmpfile3
rm $tmpfile1 $tmpfile2
(sleep 3600;rm $tmpfile3) &

"tamarack" is the old non-sane driver, I still have to find some time
to convert that to SANE. The printer pbm is because that printer of
mine doesn't grok postscript. So Ghostscript converts stuff to pbm and
I have a pbm-to-printer conversion tool. So if I have a high res pbm
picture, I send it directly to the pbm-to-printer tool .

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a