Re: Q: HP IICX

Shawn T. Rutledge (ecloud@goodnet.com)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:05:15 -0700

Michael Burghart wrote:
> I have this scanner installed but the NCR controller obviously doesn't
> recognize this to be a scanner. A "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" produces:
>
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 05 Lun: 00
> Vendor: HP Model: C2500A Rev: 3332
> Type: Processor ANSI SCSI revision: 02
>
> Any idea?...I didn't find the scanner in the list of supported scanners..
> The controller is an NCR 53C810

I think that's about what mine looks like. Not sure that any scanner is
ever recognized as such by the driver; that's why the device is "sgx" for
"scsi generic". I did get my IIcx working with sane if I remember
correctly. I was having a ton of problems getting all the zillions of
patches installed correctly to have sane and gimp both work together, and
that's where I left off a month or two ago. But it was working with the
command line version, as well as hpscanpbm (an earlier command-line scanner
driver).

--
  _______                 KB7PWD @ KC7Y.AZ.US.NOAM   ecloud@goodnet.com
 (_  | |_)  Shawn T. Rutledge            http://www.goodnet.com/~ecloud