Re: sane & gtk problems

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:42:43 -0400

David Mosberger-Tang writes:
>Incidentally, which gtk RPM did you use? I thought the gtk-0.99.10-5
>RPM should work with sane-0.62, but I haven't tried it myself.

FWIW, yes, I have compiled sane-0.62 against that particular gtk rpm,
(well, gtk-devel specifically) and I did it on a clean system that had
no gtk or sane stuff already on it anywhere other than that install of
that set of gimp/gtk rpms, so I'm quite confident that this is the case.

That gimp source rpm (in case anyone is interested) is in
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/SRPMS/
and the corresponding gtk, gtk-devel, gimp, and gimp-devel binary rpms in
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/contrib/i386/

michaelkjohnson

prudent as the heavy petting of literature." -- Fran Lebowitz