Re: HP C5100 photosmart

Rex Vaughn (rvaughn@nova.org)
Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:55:53 -0400

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> <rvaughn@nova.org> said:
>
> Rex> Actually it seems that the HP C5100 works just fine under SCL.
> Rex> I am using sane 0.62.... (I didn't do any through testing but
> Rex> I was able to scan a negative @2400dpi in full color. The
> Rex> resulting file was 171 Meg and I didn't have anything that
> Rex> could view it.... So instead of scanning the entire strip, I
> Rex> scanned only 40mm of it and got a more reasonable 30Meg file.)
>
> Cool! Can you let me know when you're fairly certain that everything
> works as it supposed to? I'd like to update the man-page once we know
>
> what does and what does not work with the C5100.

What's everything? Is there a standard regression test that you run on
a scannerto say, yes it does work? Is there any online documentation on
SCL?

Here is what I have so far:

When doing a prview image of a negative, the last section of the
negative
shows up as garbage on the screen. Also when selecting the area to do
a higher resolution scan, the x coordinate is off by a factor of 2 or 3
(too small)
(I can modify the x coordinate using the slider and use my best guess as
to how much
I really want. (it is usually the entire width of the negative that i
want)). I havn't done
any slide scans yet under either Winblows95 or Linux. And I havn't done
any photo scans
under Linux.

RBV

--