Re: Paperport ix - scanner keyboard

Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Wed, 06 Aug 1997 08:31:41 -0400

becka@sunserver1.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
> and friends (anybody here who knows, if you can read/write all the needed
> lines via termio ?). This method would at best be slow. However a small
> driver that will allow setting DTR/RTS (I know this can be done using
> standard calls) and reading the other four lines should do.

Well, FWIW you *can* read and write the control lines using the
TIOC_MGET and TIOC_MSET ioctl calls. I have no idea if the Linux
serial drivers support the full gamut of -232 control lines (I know
IRIX and Solaris don't).

Also, issuing a lot of ioctl()'s might limit the speed and reliability
of this (really sick) interface, so doing a kernel driver might be the
only viable way... :(