Re: COOLSCAN II backend

Didier Carlier (carlierd@acm.org)
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:25:03 +0200

Rogier Wolff writes:

> He-he... I traced the Windows software talking to the Coolscan II
> using a $50,000 logic analyser..... :-)
>
> Anyways, we attempted to adapt the tamarack (which doesn't follow
> the SCSI standard too closely) program that I had, but that didn't
> lead to quick success. We could try using the umax backend.....

Roger.

That is definitely out of my budget, so I'm taking the other approach
(getting the docs).
The umax backend seems ok, with little modifications, I got it to do
simple things like the INQUIRE and POSITION commands on the COOLSCAN,
and these seem to work. It even reads data but unfortunately the
picture I get is a 28.8 Meg file all black ;-).
I'm now waiting for some detailed interface specs from Nikon to go
further and I have good hope, as at least they replied to my faxes and
phone calls.

Didier