Re: Compiling on AIX

Rogan Dawes (rdawes@jhbelec.co.za)
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:46:33 +0200

On Sat, Jun 28, 1997 at 10:00:59AM -0700, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Rogan> Hi all. I am trying to compile SANE on AIX 3.2.5. I have
> Rogan> PINT already installed, and I thought that I would get the
> Rogan> interface working on AIX, talking to PINT first, and then
> Rogan> worry about getting SANE to talk directly to the scanner.
>
> Seems like a good approach.
>
> Rogan> So, the question is :
>
> Rogan> How do I disable SCSI support completely?
>
> configure normally does that for you. However, it seems that AIX has
> a <sys/scsi.h> file just like HP-UX. So SANE ends up trying to use
> the HP-UX code. For now, you could kill all the different versions
> of sanei_scsi_cmd() and just use the stubbed version. I.e., something
> like:

What I ended up doing was removing all to targets that used the SCSI
code from the Makefile . . . and that was that, but then I also had
trouble with the saned code.

It didn't seem to find the definitions/prototypes/whatever of the
network functions -

saned.c: In function `auth_callback':
saned.c:138: warning: implicit declaration of function `syslog'
saned.c: In function `quit':
saned.c:223: warning: implicit declaration of function `closelog'
saned.c: In function `check_host':
saned.c:297: warning: implicit declaration of function `gethostname'
saned.c:305: warning: implicit declaration of function `getpeername'
saned.c: In function `start_scan':
saned.c:440: warning: implicit declaration of function `getsockname'
saned.c:448: warning: implicit declaration of function `socket'
saned.c:458: warning: implicit declaration of function `bind'
saned.c:466: warning: implicit declaration of function `listen'
saned.c: In function `do_scan':
saned.c:509: `fd_set' undeclared (first use this function)
saned.c:509: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
saned.c:509: for each function it appears in.)
saned.c:509: parse error before `rd_set'
saned.c:516: warning: implicit declaration of function `FD_ZERO'
saned.c:516: `rd_mask' undeclared (first use this function)
saned.c:517: warning: implicit declaration of function `FD_SET'
saned.c:520: `wr_mask' undeclared (first use this function)
saned.c:542: `rd_set' undeclared (first use this function)
saned.c:543: `wr_set' undeclared (first use this function)
saned.c:544: warning: implicit declaration of function `select'
saned.c:551: warning: implicit declaration of function `FD_CLR'
saned.c:567: warning: implicit declaration of function `FD_ISSET'
saned.c: In function `process_request':
saned.c:807: warning: implicit declaration of function `accept'
saned.c:818: warning: implicit declaration of function `shutdown'
saned.c: In function `main':
saned.c:897: warning: implicit declaration of function `setsockopt'
saned.c:926: warning: implicit declaration of function `openlog'

> SANE_Status
> sanei_scsi_cmd (int fd, const void * src, size_t src_size,
> void * dst, size_t * dst_size)
> {
> return SANE_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED;
> }

That would probably work better than my approach :-)

> I reorganized the SCSI code a bit for the forthcoming 0.61 so you may
> want to wait for 0.61 before starting to work on the SCSI side of
> things.
>
> Rogan> Everything seems to build fine, up to the point where it
> Rogan> wants to compile the SCSI code. PINT is already taking care
> Rogan> of this, so I can eliminate it, surely?
>
> Yes, if you use the stubbed version, things will compile fine and PINT
> should work.

It does, if I remove the saned target as well.

> Rogan> Once I have the basics working, I will try to port the PINT
> Rogan> SCSI code into SANE. We will be moving up to AIX 4.1,
> Rogan> shortly, so I will probably try to get that working too. (You
> Rogan> could add me to your PROJECTS list, if you like)
>
> Great! I'll do that.
>
> --david

Rogan

--
Rogan Dawes  rdawes@jhbelec.co.za   Tel: (011) 490-7379  Fax: (011) 490-7327
- The software said it requires Windows 3.1 or better, so I installed Linux -