Re: B&W qcam with SANE 0.6

Guido Muesch (odiug@faho.rwth-aachen.de)
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:33:08 +0200 (MET DST)

On 17 Jun, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
>> No, unfortunately. Nobody with a b&w camera has come forward to debug
>> the remaining issues so far.
>
> I'm willing to work on that, if you'll let me know what the
> remaining issues are. This B&W QuickCam has been temporarily borrowed
> from a friend, so it's possible I haven't set it up properly. My goal
> is to get it working, and then write a SANE interface for the Python
> Imaging Library (http://www.python.org/sigs/image-sig/Imaging.html) so
> you can initiate a scan and get an Image object, which can then be
> fiddled with.
Sounds useful 8-)

> [..]
Seems like I was the last who tried to fix the BW Interface. 8-) I also
got as far as scanning some data but sane hung up then and had to be
killed with ^C. It seemed like it is issuing the right commands but has
the wrong size or expectation of bytes to get. (Maybe Andrew fixed that
now). It also seemed that the Backend was producing a color picture
when I fiddled the last time with it. (Some dimension seemd to be
screwed up)

I took a look at Andrew's pic and it seems more that some
contrast/brightness/whitebal parameters have not been set correctly.

Andrew, have you tried the QuickCam with another program to determine
the right parameters for the Quickcam?

Good luck
Guido