Re: Q: Status of Microtek backend??

David Mosberger-Tang (davidm@azstarnet.com)
Mon, 12 May 1997 07:49:53 -0700

Nem> Michael J. Long e-mailed me on Sun May 11 08:40:27 1997 (Re:
Nem> "Q: Status of Microtek backend??")

>> I have looked through the mailing list archives and saw that a
>> couple of people have volunteered to develop it.
>>
>> Does anyone know the status of the development?? I have a
>> Microtek ScanMaker HRII and can't get mtekscan to work with it.
>> Therefore, I am hoping this will work. I am willing to be a
>> tester for it when it is ready.

Nem> Now that the summer time is here (ie - school is over) I should
Nem> have more time to work on this - however, I'll probably be
Nem> using the mtekscan code as a basis for anything that work on.
Nem> In that case, it may not be very helpful for you. :-(

It's good to see the Microtek backend is gaining momentum! In fact,
just on Saturday, Jeremy Rosenberger <mustang@henge1.henge.com> sent
me a mail that he's making good progress on such a backend. It looks
like it might be a good idea for the people with Microtek scanners to
"get together" (this mailing list is, of course, a perfectly
appropriate place to do so).

--david