Re: Mustek Paragon CD II

Michael K. Johnson (johnsonm@redhat.com)
Wed, 07 May 1997 09:35:53 -0400

becka@sunserver1.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de writes:
>I had a similar problem, too. My MFS-12000SP was once configured to have a
>_slightly_ too large scanning area which caused a nasty sound when it
>hit the bottom of the scanning area. Fortunately the mechanics were not
>damaged, but readjusted themselves correctly, after I had turned the
>scanner off and on again.

The umax driver used to have the same problem in some cases, but it never
damaged hardware (only gave people temporary heart failure... :-)

David, has Mustek given you full information about the inquiry return
block? On Umax scanners, that returns (among many other things) the size
of the scanning area; perhaps Mustek's have something similar.

michaelkjohnson