Re: sane-0.3: it's almost for real now!
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 01:13:31 +0100 (MET)

> >The same is true for several "Feeder-Type" scanners (what is a good english
> >word for those scanners ?) ...
> The common denomination is "ADF", for Automatic Document Feeder
No ... I knew I didn't make clear what I meant ...

ADF means the device which feeds a flatbed-scanner from a stack of pages
- right ?

What I meant are scanners which grab the page using a wheel (quite like
a printer does) and feed it through the scanner (whose CCD element is
mounted statically).
They are essentially handscanners turned upside-down with a motor
above the wheel.

They are very similar to the scanner part of common facsimile machines.


Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <>

Source code, list archive, and docs:
To unsubscribe:    echo unsubscribe sane-devel | mail